What’s in your handbag? Go on take a look..I bet there is more in there than you thought. How much is it worth? Do you really need all that ‘stuff’?
I have a confession – I love handbags, if I see them for sale I have to look. Most of the time I can resist, but now and then I treat myself to a new one. I have quite a collection – about 25 at the last count!
Some are for special occasions, some are bigger bags for days out, some are just regulars! Up until about 2 months ago my ‘regular’ one was a ditzy print back pack that I had to use a bag organizer in so I could find my ‘stuff’ easily. Nothing worse than showing up at a counter to pay and rummaging the depths of the bag to find your purse!
Well, when the backpack starting showing signs of wear and the straps started to fray I decided it was time for a new one but I knew I wanted something smaller to just carry my essentials in. All the other bags I had were either too small or too big and besides I quite fancied a ‘cross body one’.
While out shopping in Cardiff I saw the ideal one in the sale at Ollie & Nic’s, a purse that matched was also in the sale. The assistant thought I was a loony as I pulled out some essentials from my backpack to make sure it all fitted the bag!!
So here it is the contents of my current bag:
I don’t have to carry any childcare accoutrements or make-up – my kids are grown up and I slap on a bit of moisturiser and that will have to do for my aging features!!
So here is what’s in my handbag and the value of the items:
- Ollie & Nic bag – £125
- Ollie & Nic Purse – £54 Contents at the moment – £15 cash, £5 Tesco voucher, various credit / debit cards and reward cards.
- Mobile phone and case – £250. I don’t go out without my phone. The case is handy as it has room for a credit /debit card.
- Panasonic TZ8 Camera, case and mini tripod – £200. My camera goes where I go. Even though the phone has a camera it doesn’t compare to this.
- Notepad – no value. I have a head like a sieve so have to jot down what I need before going out and to write down ideas.
- Parker diamond Pen – £30. This was present on the birth of our first son 30 years ago, it means a lot to me.
- Sony headphones – £99 – I prefer these to the mobile headphones for listening to music.
- Paracetamol – no value. Just in case of a headache!
- Hand wash- £1. Always in my bag, great for sticky / mucky hands and great for cleaning specs!
All that adds up to just under £780. Crikey, do I really tote around that much value? Imagine what the value used to be..I used to have a another mobile worth £50, an iPod touch £150, sunglasses (prescription) £150.
Wondering about keys and tissues??? They go in my pocket!!
This was posted as an entry to a competition. It’s over now and I didn’t win!!