Well here we are at the end of the year again. The end of the 3rd year doing this project. It’s been rather tough this past few months. I’m working again and don’t always have the time or the inclination, plus we don’t see so much of the oldest grandson now that the baby grandson has arrived. I’ve found it hard to find something interesting to take photos of so perhaps next year (oh yes I’ll be back) I’ll use one of those prompt doodahs to help me on my way.
At the last update on the 14th we were getting excited for the arrival of our youngest son and his wife who were coming over from Australia.
They arrived on the 16th and I noticed the flight arrived at 9:40am, we eventually had a text to say they were on the way at 12:20pm. I assumed they were on the coach and watched the progress on the Nat Express website. We drove to Newport to meet them but when the coach arrived minus them my heart sunk.. where were they?? A minute or so later (great timing!!) I had a phone call to ask where we were….!! He had hired a car so drove straight home!! GRR>>>
The next few days flew by, shopping trips, running them here, there and everywhere making sure they caught up with everyone. Our older son was so glad to his brother, he’s missed him so much, but I feel that he may not miss him quite so much now that he knows he’s happy and will be popping home again at some point.
Christmas day was lovely. A nice breakfast to start the day. Oldest son, DIL and grandsons arrived at midday and there was much excitement opening presents, toy truck and lots of playdoh for Ashley to play with.
Wonderful Christmas lunch followed by lots of photos and fun.
They were due to leave on Boxing afternoon but changed their plans to fly into San Francisco rather than LAX as it’s closer to Sacramento where her parents are currently residing.
Saturday afternoon came all to soon and we bid them goodbye after dropping them off in Newport. They are now spending New Year with her parents and friends before returning home on the 5th January.
Actually not much else to tell you about, other than him coming home it was the same old same old..
Here’s a selection from the past 2 and a bit weeks..
- Hubby getting to grips with my old phone – he’s such a technophobe!!
- This little boy is now 3 months old.
- What’s left (on New Years Eve) of a half kilo box of mixed Loukoumia (Greek delight) Made by a good friend, who sold about 60 kilos of it this year!! It’s rather scrummy!!
- New bedspread – Christmas present off oldest son and DIL.
- I’ll admit to not taking the one of the grandsons.. but couldn’t resist including it.
- Ashley trying his best to sing Jingle Bells. Don’t you love the George t-shirt – found in Morrisons!
- Table laid ready for Christmas lunch
- All the family.. and a rare one with me in it!! (Aussie Son, Hubby, Me, Aussie DIL, Welsh DIL and baby, Oldest son and Ashley.
Hope you’ve all had a wonderful Christmas filled with love and happiness.
Happy New Year!!
Check out my other Project 365 pictures so far.
If you’d like to read more about the project please click on the 365 badge