As we are going food shopping tomorrow it seemed a good idea to clear the fridge of nearly out of date products.
This is what I found, about 50g of ham, about 100g of mushrooms, half a pot of Creme Fraiche (300ml pot), a small piece of cheese and half a glass of white wine. There was also one large bread roll in the bread bin. So I decided to cobble together this recipe and make garlic bread with the roll. (crush garlic clove, add a little parsley, butter and mash together, spread over slices of bread/roll and grill until lightly brown.)
Creamy Ham and Mushroom pasta
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 50g cooked ham – cut into strips
- 100g mushrooms – sliced
- 150ml Creme Fraiche
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- half a glass white wine
- 25g cheese – grated
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 125g any pasta.
- Put pasta on to cook as per packet instructions.
- Heat a little olive oil in a small pan, saute mushrooms until soft.
- Add garlic and fry for one minute.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Add ham and creme fraiche and stir.
- heat gently until warmed through.
- add salt and pepper to taste
- The pasta should now be cooked, drain and return to pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pasta and stir to coat.
- Divide between 2 dishes and sprinkle with cheese.
I’m entering this for Turquoise Lemons June ‘No waste Challenge’ click the badge for more information.
If you’d like to see more recipes click RECIPES
Check out my other Project 366 pictures so far.
If you’d like to read more about the project please click on the 366 badge over there on the right.