RECIPE: Green Beans and Tomato Tapas
I scoured recipe sites for inspiration and most had Patatas Bravas, tortilla, paella or soup. I wanted something different and remembered having a Tapas in Nerja that had green beans and tomato which became one of my favourites. I never did find out the recipe from the cafe owner but I think I have it sussed in this recipe – well nearly anyway!
- 40z /100g green beans – trimmed and cut in half
- Half a medium onion chopped
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 2 tomatoes – de-seeded and chopped
- couple of pinches of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil into a small pan
- Add the onions and fry until transparent
- Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds – don’t let it brown
- Add the beans, tomato and oregano
- Stir over a low heat for 10 minutes. If the mix gets too dry pour in a few teaspoons of water – just enough to moisten the mix.
- Adjust seasoning and divide between 2 small dishes
- Serve with other tapas dishes and crusty bread.
I had this for my lunch today – the beans still had a little bite, the tomato and oregano gave a lovely flavour.
I hope you’ll try it too. Bon appetit!
Check out my other Recipes