RECIPE : Chorizo and Vegetable Tortilla
I experimented with this one for an entry to a competition to win a break in Barcelona. You have to make up a Tapas dish and thought this may have been suitable but I wasn’t happy with the look of the finished dish.
It was pretty tasty so I’m sharing the recipe with you – It’s an orginal recipe from my head!
- 5 medium or large eggs
- chorizo – take off the outer casing and slice or chop (for amount see picture)
- half green pepper sliced (any colour you like or have!)
- half a medium onion sliced
- 3 or 4 mushrooms (i used chestnut but white button are fine)
- handful of green beans cut in half and cooked until just tender
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan – don’t use a large one as the end result be too thin.
- Fry the onion until transparent
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and chorizo and fry for another 3/4 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and stir to combine.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly to break the yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chorizo and vegetable mixture and stir gently until just setting. You don’t want it to scramble – just move it about to form an omelette.
- Leave it to cook for 2/3 mins over a low heat. You should be able to see a light brown crust underneath if you lift it with a spatula. The top should be moist but not runny.
- Gently fold in half and turn out onto a plate.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve with salad and crusty bread.
Check out my other Project 366 pictures so far.
If you’d like to read more about the project please click on the badge below.