RECIPE – Banana and Chocolate Cake
Do you have some ripe bananas that no-one wants to eat but don’t want to waste them? Do you like cake?? Then read on!
Most recipes on the internet uses a loaf tin but I only have a large one so I used a sandwich tin. It does rise up quite a bit so if you have a small loaf tin or a cake tin you may want to use that..up to you!!
To ring the changes you could also add chocolate chips or nuts.
4oz / 110g Butter or margarine
6oz / 175g Caster sugar – white or golden
2 medium eggs
2 medium to large or 3 small RIPE bananas
7oz / 200g Self Raising Flour
1oz / 25g Cocoa
Use either Imperial or metric measures!
Oven Setting and cooking time:
180C / 350F / GAS 4 – Cook for 40 to 50 minutes in bottom half of the oven.
- Preheat oven to temperature.
- Grease and line the loaf tin / sandwich tin / cake tin.. see above
- Mash Bananas – you can leave a few small lumps it will be ok..
- Cream butter and sugar
- Break eggs into a small dish and beat lightly to break yolks.
- Pour half the eggs into the creamed mixture and stir in.
- Pour in rest of eggs and stir until incorporated.
- Tip bananas into the mixture and stir in.
- Sieve flour and cocoa into the mixture a few spoons at a time and fold in with a large spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level off.
- Place in bottom half of the oven for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Check it is cooked by pushing a skewer or fine knife into the centre. If it comes out clean it’s done!!
Here’s the finished cake straight out of the oven.
Have a slice on it’s own hot or cold or top with cream, natural yogurt or custard.
This is also my 75/366 #Project366 picture:
Check out my other Project 366 pictures so far.